Designed to introduce and practice reading, building, and writing words with beginning blends.
TKS Bootcamp’s Blends Bootcamp is designed to introduce and practice reading, building, and writing words with beginning blends. Students will gain hands on experience with 21 different blends. This resource is designed for whole group and small group instruction and includes centers for individual practice.
You will begin with whole group circle charts. Students will come up with words for the blend and you (teacher) will draw the word. Then you will have students spell the words using sounds and blends and you will write the word. You can then have students complete their own blends circle charts student books. The student books are also a great RTI or intervention tool. There is also a whole group word building activity to work on building words with blends in a whole group or small group setting.
Students can then practice blends during centers with the included center activities. Included in this 160 page creation is everything you need to do Blends Bootcamp in your class.
- Circle maps
- Student books
- Blends Writing
- Pocket Chart Word Building Cards
- Blends Bootcamp Certificate
- 6 Blends Centers
- Decodable Readers (705 pages)
"I started with ABC Bootcamp a couple of years ago and my students SOARED! My data was absolutely through the roof!!"
"All levels ofliteracy add so much depth to the discssion, I wouldn't do it any ther way."
"I love all the hands on things that go along with introducing students their letter and sounds"
"ABC Bootcamp has truely set apart my students from the rest. Pairing with ESGI has made testing so easy too."
"AMAZING!!! I love this program and so do my kiddos! Between the achor charts and making our hats, they really get into it and thrive"
"ABC Bootcamp has completely changed the start of my school year! Forget doing a letter a week… my students know their letters and sounds by the end of the first 9 weeks."
- Day 1 – You’ll start with the famous circle maps/chart! Students will brainstorm words for the blend while the teacher draws the picture to represent the words the students come up with. Then you will have students spell the words using sounds and blends and you will write the word. You can then have students complete their own blends circle charts student books. The student books are also a great RTI or intervention tool.After circle map/chart students will do some independent work to read words with blends and match the words to the pictures.
- Day 2 – You will work on building words and reading words with blends & understanding how the blends work. After you build and read the words, the students will write the words independently.