Designed to introduce and practice reading, building, and writing words with beginning blends.
TKS Bootcamp’s Blends Bootcamp is designed to introduce and practice reading, building, and writing words with beginning blends. Students will gain hands on experience with 21 different blends. This resource is designed for whole group and small group instruction and includes centers for individual practice.
You will begin with whole group circle charts. Students will come up with words for the blend and you (teacher) will draw the word. Then you will have students spell the words using sounds and blends and you will write the word. You can then have students complete their own blends circle charts student books. The student books are also a great RTI or intervention tool. There is also a whole group word building activity to work on building words with blends in a whole group or small group setting.
Students can then practice blends during centers with the included center activities. Included in this 160 page creation is everything you need to do Blends Bootcamp in your class.
- Circle maps
- Student books
- Blends Writing
- Pocket Chart Word Building Cards
- Blends Bootcamp Certificate
- 6 Blends Centers
- Decodable Readers (705 pages)
I love how everything is laid out for you and so easy to follow. The hats are absolutely amazing! It is so much better and interactive than just doing a letter worksheet. Thank you for an awesome product!
One of the best resources I have ever purchased for my classroom!
I have said it more than one, that ABC Bootcamp is awesome. This is only my second year using it, but it won’ the my last. I get so excited to watch my class brainstorm words while using the circle maps.
Powerful and fun learning! The kiddos actively and enthusiastically participate in phonics and read instruction.
LOVE THIS! It has changed my game in introducing letters/letter sounds.
- Day 1 – You’ll start with the famous circle maps/chart! Students will brainstorm words for the blend while the teacher draws the picture to represent the words the students come up with. Then you will have students spell the words using sounds and blends and you will write the word. You can then have students complete their own blends circle charts student books. The student books are also a great RTI or intervention tool.After circle map/chart students will do some independent work to read words with blends and match the words to the pictures.
- Day 2 – You will work on building words and reading words with blends & understanding how the blends work. After you build and read the words, the students will write the words independently.